Parkes Christian School students made an impressive debut at the Forbes Eisteddfod this week. The students had a wonderful time and loved performing for their parents and audience members. Here’s what a few of them had to say quickly about the day:

“Yesterday I really enjoyed singing on stage because I could tell that people loved music. When I was watching other performances I could tell how much effort was put into them.” – Laura Hall-Matthews

“Yesterday I had fun singing and dancing. We came Second for choir and Highly Commended for dance. We sang People Get Ready and Come Close and danced to Brighter.” – Cassidy Collier

“I really enjoyed choir and standing on stage with my friends.” – Chloe Stevenson

“Yesterday was a very big day. We sang People Get Ready and Come Close. We came 2nd place and then the high schoolers sang Oceans. After that we had lunch then we did our dance.” – Isaac Mitchell

“Yesterday I had fun. I loved how everyone did a great job in what they did. I was dancing for Jesus and the Holy Spirit.” – Chloe Mason

The group ranged from students in Year 1 all the way to Year 11. The two primary choirs combined to sing, accompanied by Mr Glen Westcott on guitar. The adjudicators commented on the students’ lovely voices and good attempt at part singing. Many of the other choirs had obviously been working very hard, so it was a real testament to the students’ passion and lovely singing that we were awarded Second Place. First place in our division went to St Laurences of Forbes, which was well deserved.

Kiira Richards of Year 11 accompanied Year 10 music students and vocalists Rebecca Vaughan, Indianna Bermingham, Angela Rosser and Jessica Bondareff in a performance of Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong. The adjudicators commented on how lovely the girls’ voices were and would have loved to hear them each sing in the solo section. The winners of this division were a highly polished trio of performers from Holy Family School.

The afternoon brought the dance section, and our students looked fabulous in their bright colours, dancing to Hillsong Young and Free’s ‘Brighter’. The other groups in these divisions were again very well prepared and it was great for our students to be able to watch these stu-dents and all the hard work they had put in.

Miss Rothe would like to thank all the parents who came down to support their children, they loved performing for you and they really shone in their love for Jesus to the community. Their behaviour was impeccable and they were wonderful ambassadors, for Parkes and the Christian School.

It was a really positive day and the other teachers and school students were incredibly friendly and encouraging. Miss Rothe would particu-larly like to thank the Forbes Eisteddfod committee for their grace and support in organisation, the teachers of the other schools who were very encouraging, and Mr Westcott and Mrs Naqau who were supporting on the day. Thanks also to all the staff and students at school who were supportive and encouraging during rehearsals.

Lastly, well done and thank you to all the students for your beautiful hearts. You made the day.

All the glory to Jesus!