Parkes Christian School is growing and we are needing to grow our team to keep up with the demand. No matter your level of experience you are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic teacher with an ability to work in a collaborative environment. Our Kindergarten class will be double stream in 2024 and Year 1 – 2 single stream. Our K-2 department is dynamic, uses a range of digital technologies to engage the students and explicit teaching practice to make all Key Learning Areas relevant for our students.
The successful applicant must be able to participate in curriculum planning and development, value the role of data in developing quality teaching practice, implement explicit teaching practice and be prepared to think outside the square. The position is suitable for all levels of experience. Final class placement will be in consultation with the successful candidate.
- A committed Christian who is active in their local church
- Willingness to uphold the vision and ethos of Parkes Christian School
- Appropriate teaching qualifications
- Current NSW Working With Children’s Check
- Organised and meets deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and exceptional class management skills
- Experience in working with children with additional needs including ASD
- Knowledge and experience with explicit direct instruction
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Committed to Professional Learning to develop effective pedagogy
- Please note that relocation subsidies are available if applicable.
Parkes Christian School is located in the Central West of NSW, within easy reach of cities such as Orange, Bathurst, Canberra and Dubbo. Parkes is a thriving country town that is rapidly growing thanks to the announcement of a multi-billion dollar National Logistics and Freight Hub, and a highly successful gold and copper mine. Throw in the world-famous Elvis Festival, a wide range of sporting and cultural activities, affordable housing, no traffic jams, and a game of cricket on “The Dish” and Parkes is a great place to raise a family! Parkes Christian School has been operating for 40 years and has 300+ students from K-12. The cohesive staff body, dynamic leadership and supportive community make PCS an exciting and satisfying place to teach.
For further information please email: [email protected]