- This event has passed.
Canberra Excursion (Year 5/6)
August 2 @ 7:20 am - August 4 @ 7:30 pm
On Wednesday, 2 August – Friday, 4 August, All Year 5 and 6 students are heading to Canberra to learn about how Australia became a nation and are introduced to politics at the local, state and national level. Additionally, students learn about how Parliamentary procedures work. This excursion will provide an opportunity to engage within this topic by visiting Parliament House, alongside other important locations. Please review this note for an itinerary and detailed information about what to bring.
7.30am SHARP depart PCS
12.00pm Lunch (provided by students)
12.40pm Arrive at Parliament House
1.00pm Parliamentary Education Office
2.00pm House of Representatives/Senate
3.00pm Hospitality and View the LEGO Parliament House in
Queens Terrace Gallery
4.30pm Arrive at Canberra Park
5.45pm Dinner at Canberra Park
8.00am National Electoral Education Centre
2.00pm National Museum – Meet the People
3.30pm Australian War Memorial
7.30pm Ten Pin Bowling
8.30am Australian Institute of Sport
11.00am Visit Mount Ainslie Lookout
12.00pm Royal Australian Mint
2.30pm Museum of Australian Democracy
7.30pm Arrive at PCS
What to Bring
- Morning tea and lunch for Wednesday only (all other meals are provided by the accommodation).
- Full winter uniform for Wednesday and Thursday activities, including hat and closed-in shoes.
- Full winter sports uniform for Friday activities, including hat and closed-in shoes.
- Casual clothes for evening activities on Thursday, no singlet tops.
- Pyjamas for Wednesday and Thursday evening.
- Plastic bag in suitcase to hold dirty clothes.
- Medication in labelled zip-lock bag (all medication to be given to Mr Denmead prior to Tuesday Afternoon.
- Puffer or Epipen if required.
- Small backpack with clipboard (or something to lean on), pencils, paper, water bottle and sunscreen.
- Toilet bag with toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo and hair ties (girls).
- Optional items: book or small toy for the bus (no electronics), pillow or blanket (accommodation is providing
- all linen and bedding), money for souvenirs in a wallet (students are responsible for their own money)
What NOT to Bring – These items will be confiscated and held until the end of the excursion.
- Mobile phones
- iPads or other electronic devices.
- Gaming systems.
- Any large toys or games.