How can we help you?

Below you’ll find answers to our most frequently asked questions about PCS.

  • When are school reports sent home?
    Written school reports are sent home at the end of Terms 2 and 4, following the mid-year and end-of-year assessments and exams. Year 11 reports are sent home at the start of Term 2, and Year 12 reports at the end of Term 3.
  • What happens to lost property?
    Lost property is handed to the teacher responsible for such articles and will be displayed at the school assembly. To minimise loss, all items of clothing and property should be labeled. Unclaimed articles will be sent to the uniform shop at the beginning of each term to be sold.
  • What happens if my family details change?
    Please inform the School Office if you have any changes of address, phone number or any other significant information (e.g. health, medication, allergies.)
  • What are the school times?
    Start of Day 8:55am; Recess 10:50am – 11:10am; Lunch 12:50pm – 1:30pm; End of Day (Primary) 3:00pm; End of Day (Secondary) 3:10pm.
  • Does my child need a bus pass and where can I get one from?
    Bus passes are required by all students who travel by bus. Forms are to be completed online at the NSW Transport website.
  • Do I need to notify the school if my child is sick or unable to attend school for any reason?
    Students are expected to attend school every day that the school is open for instruction. In the case of sickness preventing a child from attending school, we ask that parents phone the school before 9.00am and also send a note when child returns to school. Details need to include date of absences, name of child and reason for absence.
  • Can parents attend school assemblies?
    Parents and friends are welcome to attend assemblies. Primary assemblies are held every Friday at 2.20pm. Each primary year group will host assemblies throughout the year – look out for dates in your child’s diary or through email.
  • When are school fees due?
    Fees are to be paid by the second week of term unless other arrangements have been made with the Business Manager. Statements are sent out at the beginning of each term and thereafter on a monthly basis as a reminder until fees are paid in full.
  • Does the school provide textbooks to students?
    Textbooks are lent to students. They are asked to take care of and return them when requested. Damaged or lost books will be charged for at replacement cost. Funding for textbooks is provided from a component of school fees.
  • Does the school have a canteen?
    There is no canteen in the school. From time to time there are “special” canteen days.
  • Does the school conduct Parent/Teacher Interviews?
    Parent/Teacher Interviews are conducted in Term 2 after the half yearly reports are sent home. However, you are most welcome to organise a meeting with a teacher at any point in the year.
  • Does the school cater for students with special needs?
    With the help of Teacher’s Aides and volunteers, the teachers are able to serve the needs of some students who may have “special education” requirements such as remediation, acceleration or physical disability.
  • Are bikes allowed at the school?
    Bikes may be ridden to school but not around the school grounds. On arrival, the bike should be taken to the designated area and left there until home time. By law helmets must be worn.
  • Is there a daily bus service to transport students to and from school?
    Parkes Christian School students are able to use the district wide school bus services. In the mornings these buses converge at the Parkes High School interchange in Orange Street then transports students to our school from there. In the afternoon buses transport students to the interchange at Hill Street near Parkes Public School for connection with their respective bus routes. Students travelling from Forbes have access to travel via a private charter supplied by the School. This picks up from several locations around Forbes and travels directly to the school. For further information contact the School office.

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.