- This event has passed.
Swimming Carnival (K-12)
February 9 @ 8:30 am - 2:45 pm
Our annual school Swimming Carnival will be held on Friday 9 February, from 8:30am until 2:45pm. The actual carnival will not begin until around 9.15am, after the buses drop students at the pool, however staff will be there from 8.30am.
Our regular school buses will pick up students from Parkes High School and drop them at the pool in the morning. K-2 students will return to school at approximately 12.00pm via the bus. The buses will then pick up students from the pool at 2.45pm in order to transport them to Parkes Christian School and pick up the K-2 students before heading to Parkes Public School, for the regular afternoon bus run.
Students must bring the following:
- Swimmers, hat, towel, sunscreen, water, food and/or money for the canteen.
- Girls can wear a one-piece swimming costume or a modest two-piece swimming costume.
- Board shorts and rash shirts can be worn. Please note, Kinder to Year 2 must wear a rash shirt or swimmers that protect them from the sun.
- House spirit! Dress in your House colours and be ready to cheer your team to victory!
- Endeavour (Lions) – Red
- Endurance (Sharks) – Blue
- Discovery (Eagles) – Yellow
Parents are welcome to drop and collect their children at the pool. However (students) if you are staying at the pool at the conclusion of the carnival you will need to provide a note from your parent / caregiver and present it to your roll call teacher at the beginning of the carnival.
There is a sausage sizzle SRC fundraiser on the day.
Entry is free for all school students.