I am pleased to report that 60 students proudly represented PCS at the CSSA Far West Zone Athletics Carnival on Friday 4 August 2017. Despite the challenging weather conditions, many PCS students excelled, setting PB’s, some qualifying to represent CSSA at State Athletics, and even breaking multiple records! We are still awaiting official results and will confirm place getters, State qualifiers and Official Record Holders once results are available. CSSA advise that:
- Students that placed 1st, 2nd & 3rd at zone for TRACK events automatically progress through to STATE
- Students that placed 1st & 2nd at zone for FIELD events automatically progress through to STATE
- Students that placed 3rd at zone for FIELD events need to achieve the qualifying height/distance to progress through to STATE
Congratulations to all our athletic representatives in the way that you conducted yourselves, supported each other and competed to achieve your personal best. Thank you to all the parents that attended the carnival and supported your children. Special thanks to the staff that attended, including Kristen Barrass, Neroli Jackson and Paul Brown, who provided much-appreciated assistance in supporting and organising students, and running and officiating events.
Special Congratulations to Luke Magill. Luke broke long standing PB’s in the 13 boys 200m and 400m events:
- 200m event seeded time 29:84, event record time 26:07, event and new record 25:95
- 400m event seeded time 1: 09:88 event record time 1:02:16 event time and new record 1:01:79
FANTASTIC effort LUKE!!
We look forward to continued sporting success at PCS!