Everything is in God’s hands

I find it very interesting to watch the way people react to change. Some can get worried over slight variations, while others embrace change as though they are bored with the status quo!

As you know, this will be a year of change for our school. Lynne and I are heading off – somewhere. We are listening for God’s guidance as to what direction our lives will take from here. We have a number of things planned, we look forward to two new grand-children being born in the second half of the year, maybe a bit of painting and renovating around our house, but still no firm direction.

However, there are a number of very important things that I need our school community to understand. Lynne and I are leaving under the most pleasant circumstances possible. We want to give the School Board a clear run at advertising and securing the best person to take on the position of Principal of Parkes Christian School. The Board will soon inform our school community of the process.

While Lynne and I have enjoyed our time here at PCS, we believe that we have fulfilled the mission that God set for us. However, this does not mean that we will not care about this school and its future. The year 2022 is only five years away. I want to be able to look back at the point in time and see that PCS is still a great school.

In this transition period, I want everyone to understand that the School Board and the school Leadership Team are working together to make sure that the transition process will mean that the school will continue to run smoothly and will ensure a successful changeover for the new Principal in 2018.

Having said all of that about change, it is also absolutely vital that our community appreciates that there are some thing about our school that will not change:

• The underlying ethos of our school – we are a Christian school.
  • The centrality of Jesus Christ in the history and life of our school.
  • Our staff will not only teach the Christian Gospel, but will also model it for our students and our community.

These are things that we will not back away from. Through all of this keep these words of Scripture close at hand.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Everything is in God’s hands.

God Bless,
Graham

Share your love

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.