Meet Our 2018 School Captains

Last week I had the privilege of taking away the newly elected SRC and School Captains to the Global Leadership Summit in Wollongong. We had a fantastic time together as a leadership group exploring the South Coast, eating ice-cream, developing our skills and holding strategy talks on how to best impact the PCS student body. What a diverse range of talents and abilities we have on our team for 2018! I found spending 12 entertaining hours together on the minibus really valuable as it allowed me to get to know our student leaders in a new light. I have every confidence that this will be an SRC that sets a positive and productive tone for school and I can’t wait to see what is achieved under the guidance of Miss Oates. I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce you to our 2018 School Captain’s, Ethan Peters and Emma Greenland.

Have a great week!
Glen

Get to know Ethan Peters

What made you want to be a School Captain at Parkes Christian School?
The opportunity to lead and be a part of the school on a greater level.

What do you think are the most important skills a leader must have and why?
Service and Courage. Service to the people so that we gain trust and respect. Jesus came to serve yet he was the greatest leader of all time. Courage is the ability to stand firm on what you believe and as a leader making decisions and sticking with them. That is important for success.

What is your greatest strength?
My confidence and my family.

What will be your greatest challenge as a School Captain?
Helping make students in the school feel safe and respected.

What are your hobbies outside school?
Camping in the great land of Tomingley with the occasional trip to the national park, reading and mechanical work.

What are you aiming to do when you complete Year 12?
Join the Airforce as a pilot in aviation.

If you could choose to have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation, to have the opportunity to travel the world and see the world from a new point of view and provide aid to countries instantly.

Get to know Emma Greenland

I’ve been at this school since Kindergarten, so I really feel that I belong in this community and I care about the people here. When I had the opportunity to lead, I felt that it was a fantastic way to give back to the school and be the best leader I can for the students here to help them reach their potential.

A leader needs to have integrity: be who they say they are, do what they say they’re going to do. They need to give everything to what they do, and set a godly example for those around them.

What is your greatest strength?
I think it’s my passion for people. I’m a huge extrovert, I just love to talk to people, and I really want people to know that they can talk to me about anything. I’m not afraid to get out and talk to people about how they feel and the changes they want to see in this school.

The biggest challenge will probably be ensuring that I can influence as many people as possible in my time as captain, while realising that I can’t help everybody. I need to focus on helping as much as I can, and sharing this responsibility with others. Balancing it with my studies and extracurricular activities will be hard too – but with the support of family, friends and school I should be able to do it.

What are your hobbies outside school?
I play the piano and I love reading, going to youth group and church, spending time with my family and friends, and talking! I also really enjoy learning other languages (especially German!).

I want to go to university straight after school and study medicine, with the intent of going into medical research. I really want to get into pro-life apologetics, and also get some qualifications for German and hopefully some other languages too. I would love to go on exchange to Germany while I’m in university.

It’s hard to pick one, but my top three would have to be: telepathy (communicating with others in the mind instead of talking), ability to understand any language, and time travel!

Share your love

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.