It was with mixed emotions at the P&F Annual General Meeting this month, that the committee passed a motion to place the P&F into a 12 month period of recess. With that news in mind, I am taking the opportunity this week to thank a very special group of people, all the current and past members of the PCS P&F. Led by the outgoing President, Mrs Jacquelyn Greenland, the P&F have done an extraordinary work in resourcing the school, and raising the profile of PCS in the Parkes community for the past seven years.
Over that time, the fundraising efforts of the P&F have exceeded $50,000! What an extraordinary effort. Fundraising events have included:
- Pie drives
- Five Cent Challenge
- Numerous Hot Food days
- Athletics Carnival canteens
- Trivia Nights
- Bush Dances
- The PCS Cookbook ‘Dish it Up’
- And three very successful Spring Fairs
As a result of these efforts the P&F have blessed the school with a host of resources including:
- The manufacture and installation of metal benches for yard seating
- Lounges in the library
- Hanging microphones in the Hall
- Books to encourage boys to read
- Playground equipment, including chalkboards and giant blocks for infants children
- Renovation of the Senior Common Room – now Art Room
- Sporting equipment
- Swim caps for representative swimmers
- Representative uniforms
- Financial support for an international representative student in running
- And $15,000 for the proposed redevelopment of the PCS Sports Precinct, including court resurfacing, cricket nets and long jump pit.
I am pleased to announce that due to the generosity of the P&F, the redevelopment of our sport facilities is soon to be underway! Watch this space. As well as resourcing the school, the P&F have blessed local ministries and charities with over $5,000 in donations over the past seven years. After all this, only a small amount of cash remains which has been set aside for operating expenses, including 2020 Spring Fair promotion.
To the P&F Executive, the core committee members and all those who have contributed to the various events over the past seven years, on behalf of PCS I say thank you! You have blessed our school and community in a very tangible way. Words don’t do justice in thanking you for the work you have done for our school, but know we are truly grateful for each one of you. Your contribution has made a real difference.
If you are reading this and think you have missed an opportunity to make friends and become more involved in school life, don’t despair. The committee will call for nominations next year for all positions. I am believing that in 12 months time there will be an abundance of volunteers ready to be part of the next era of the PCS P&F. Let’s ensure that the legacy established by our outgoing committee lives on for the benefit of our students for many years to come. In the meantime, keep an eye out for P&F events still to be run this year and take the opportunity to jump in, meet some amazing people and be part of something special.
Have a great week everyone. Glen