Hello, Goodbye and Merry Christmas!

And just like that, the 2021 school year is over! As I write my final newsletter article for 2021, I can’t help but think back over the year that’s been and reflect on all the highs and lows we’ve experienced over the past 12 months. Lockdown and At-Home learning featured again this year, but there were also plenty of other great things happening at PCS. Our new Industrial Arts facility has come along nicely and is scheduled to be opened at the beginning of next year. We’ve seen new facilities built, including our new COLA and basketball court. The Little Mermaid showcased our talented performing arts students, and we’ve had amazing camps, day trips and excursions all over the state! It’s been a big year with so much happening in and out of the classroom which has hopefully left all our students with plenty of great memories. What a blessing it has been living in rural NSW during 2021, and certainly something we have not taken for granted. 

I don’t want to miss the opportunity to thank the PCS staff who have been outstanding this year. Their commitment to providing the best education possible for your children is unquestionable. It is my absolute pleasure to lead this great team in working with you and your children each day.  

I am pleased to announce the following staff who will be joining the PCS team in 2022!

• Miss Carmela Limen is joining us from New England Grammar School to teach in our Primary School
  • Mr Dan Fredericks, who many of you know from Parkes Shire Library and various other roles in the Parkes community, will also be joining PCS as a teacher in our Primary School. 
  • Mr Steven Hooper will be joining us from Red Bend Catholic College as a High School Mathematics teacher. Mr Hooper will also be using his many years of experience in coaching and sports development with our High School students. 
  • Mrs Sharon Deen-Moody will also join the PCS team for 12 months in a part-time capacity in our High School Mathematics department. 

I am so pleased with the team we have assembled for 2022 and excited for all the opportunities these great teachers will provide our students in and out of the classroom. 

In saying that, I am also sad to inform you of 2 staff who won’t be with us at PCS next year. 

• Mrs Triniti Pobjie is leaving us to return home to Newcastle and a job at Maitland Christian School. Mrs Pobjie has only been with us for 2 years, but the impact she has had on the staff, parents and her students will last for many years to come. We pray God’s richest blessing over Mrs Pobjie as she takes her huge heart, big smile and infectious laugh back to Newcastle. 
  • Mrs Erika Muller is also leaving the PCS team next year, bound for QLD with her family. Mrs Muller has served in many different roles in our Primary and High School over the past 4 years and we are so sad to see her go. Mrs Muller’s most recent role has been teaching Year 6 for the past 3 weeks, for which we are so grateful. We are praying for you Mrs Muller, and know you will be a blessing to any school that is fortunate enough to have you join them. 

To you, our parent community, thank you for all your support and encouragement this year. Thank you for choosing to partner with us in education to help your children become young men and women who are confident, equipped, passionate and happy; ready to go out and make a positive impact on this world. Thank you for allowing us to speak life into your children each and every day, to share the gospel message and to instill in all our students a biblical worldview where each person is valuable, unique and dearly loved by God, so much that Jesus would come and die for us. Like you we want our students to thrive in life, and I know the stronger our partnership, the greater the chance of success we have! 

Thank you for your support and trust in me in my role as principal. It is the greatest pleasure to lead this thriving school. Working with all our great students and families brings me so much joy. I love this school community and can’t wait to get stuck into all the great things we have in store in 2022. 

And finally I’d like to say Merry Christmas. Jesus is the reason we are here. He is the reason PCS exists and the reason that I love being part of such an incredible community. I pray for all of us, that in the midst of everything else, there will be a moment where each of us will stop, and know that Jesus came as a gift for you. You were worth it. You are no accident. You are loved. 

See you all in 2022!
Glen

Share your love

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.