On Tuesday, September 19, five students from PCS made their mark at the recent CIS Athletics Carnival at Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre:
- Rhyley Moore secured a bronze medal in the 1500m and gave solid performances in the 200m (8th) and 800m (9th);
- Ruby Wilson competed in the 15 years Javelin event and threw into the challenging head wind, although she wasn’t happy with the result she is determined to focus on improving in the coming year;
- Caleb Drew competed in the 12 Years Javelin and showcased his skills with an impressive performance, earning him a third place and a bronze medal also;
- Sienna Barber competed in the 14 Years Discus and finished ninth, with her remarkable best throw outshining her previous achievements performed at the CSSA State carnival by 2 metres; and
- Zoe Amery represented our Primary students in the Long Jump event where she displayed impressive skills and determination. While she did not secure a place on the podium, her performance was commendable and her potential is evident.
The successful students from PCS have earned a spot on the CIS NSW merit team, opening the door to further opportunities. These talented athletes are now eligible to participate in the NSW All Schools Carnival.
For students that have qualified that are interested in joining this event, the deadline for registration is Friday, September 22. The NSW All Schools Carnival will take place from October 6 to 8, coinciding with the last weekend of the school holidays.
To register and learn more about the event, please visit https://www.nswathletics.org.au/events-page/2023-nsw-all-school-championships/
The CIS Athletics Carnival was a remarkable day for these students, highlighting their dedication, perseverance and potential for future success in the world of athletics. Well done everyone.