For updates related to COVID-19 click here.
Well, what an incredible day we had on Saturday! The high winds and unsettled conditions didn’t detract from the great atmosphere that was so evident on the day. The stall holders, multitude of exhibits, live music, auction, world records and sensational food offerings all helped make the day an absolute success. The order of the day was smiling faces and great conversation!
It is a dangerous thing to start thanking people after a major event such as the Spring Fair, but I want to take a moment to recognise the incredible work done by our P&F, who did an enormous amount of work to make the day possible. Led by our P&F President Jacquelyn Greenland and P&F Treasurer Paul Suffolk, the team of Rachael Magill, Andrew Field, Toni Unger, Gregor and Marty Sammut-Paul, Emma Brown and Hayley Ballantyne have worked for months behind the scene so the majority of us could turn up on the day and have a great time. I never cease to be amazed at the PCS community’s willingness to volunteer their time, skill and resources for the benefit of our school. Christian Education is alive and well in the Central West. We had so many staff and parents who all contributed before and on the day in a multitude of ways.
I love being part of PCS and am privileged to be in a position of leadership. The entire PCS staff and I know that we can only do so much between 9am and 3pm. It is you the parents and volunteers who bring our community to life through days like the Spring Fair. Thank you everyone. Let’s never take what we have for granted. A special mention to some great groups and individuals for their generosity and support on the day including:
* The Parkes Antique Car Club
* Parkes Town Band
* Twinkle Toes Dance Studio
* Parkes Fire Brigade
* State Member Phillip Donato
* Emma Brown (donated all proceeds from her sale of E & O Essentials)
* Rotary (donated the use of their hot food machines)
* Geoff Rice (auctioneer)
* Individuals and businesses who donated items for the auction
* Parkes Action Club (proceeds donated from the jumping castle)
* Community Church ladies (donated proceeds from devonshire tea)
* Generocity Church, Parkes (donated all proceeds from coffee cart)
Have a great week everyone!