Living in the Overflow

I am sure most of you will agree that time passes by very quickly. Our high school students start their new school year on Monday and before we know it it will be Christmas (it is only six weeks away). This time of year can be so busy with graduations, report writing, presentation night, Christmas parties, present shopping, putting Christmas decorations up and for a lot of people, harvest and more is in the mix.

Over the last couple of weeks during the busyness of the celebrations for the 40th Anniversary of the beginning of our school, I have stopped to reflect on my place at PCS. At the end of this year, it will be 25 years since I started at PCS? (Well it was Central West Christian Community School when I started.) I know I don’t look that old. Ha ha. It was not what I planned in the beginning. I thought I would be at the Christian School for about three years and then God would have something else in store for me. Well God had other plans….

The other thing that really touched my heart was the 40th Celebration Service. It was a beautiful service of thanksgiving for God’s faithfulness to this school that bears his name. There were so many lovely things that stood out to me. But most of all the courage and obedience of the original members, the hard work and generosity of many people over the years and the heartfelt connection that so many people have to PCS. All of our school community are a part of His story for PCS.

During the celebrations, Deb (former office Wonderwoman) and Terry Baker also mentioned that people giving everything they could took a toll on so many hard working families. Being obedient to God having a ministry before a job, can mean you are totally reliant on his strength and guidance for each day. 

One Bible verse has really stood out to me since the wonderful 40th Anniversary service. 

Hebrews 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Especially, let us throw off everything that so easily entangles….. let us not grow weary and lose heart.

At our 40th Anniversary service, Eileen Michalk (the first office Wonderwoman) talked about the original vision for our school. She held up a piece of paper to demonstrate how the buildings here today in the central area around the play equipment were what Elwin Baker had shown her in the original plans/vision for our school. She told us that the vision is complete and shared that miracle after miracle has happened in our school since the beginning. 

As G block is now finished and our school leadership has put up the new master plans for future building projects, it only makes me think that we are now living in the overflow of that original vision.

Let us pray for the miracles to continue. Amen

Annette

Share your love

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.